Friday, March 20, 2015

Week 4 Year 2

Reme Lynn,

What a fun week we have had! It started off with a play date with your friends Avery and Bryn! They weren't able to make it to your birthday party so we had a little mini one at our house! You three had so much fun! You played with every toy and I was very surprised that you didn't melt down with a "mine" attack! You shared very well and you all got along so great! It was a such a nice afternoon!

I love that it was impossible to get all three of you together at once for a proper photo!






I have been very busy lately with the theater and I was very thankful that you and daddy are willing to participate! We all three helped with getting the lobby ready! Before hand we stopped and had some sushi!

Notice that slight cross in your left eye? Well, we'll talk more about that later!

Sunday was WAY too beautiful not to get out and enjoy the sun so we went back to the zoo! It's so great to be a member of the zoo! It makes for an easy afternoon and it's so close! You requested to see the goats first and then we checked out the giraffes followed by TWO rides on the carousel and then a quick swing at the park! After your nap we went to the Hermitage park and ran into Mollie and your friend Autumn from school! She was very excited to see you and you were so sweet to walk with her holding her hand! It's such a relief to finally have some fun in the sun! We are beyond ready for Spring!! 













So now back to that "lazy" eye! Well my sweet baby girl, it seems that you may have gotten you daddy's look and my eyes! Your left eye is not as strong as your right and when you got to focus on something close it crosses inward! I too had a lazy eye when I was your age and they put me in very strong glasses and at the time patched my strong eye so my weak eye would work harder! It resulted in me having to wear glasses/corrective lenses my entire life. When I was younger, it was very hard. My glasses made my eyes very magnified and many kids made fun of me! Now of course, it's no big deal but it was a very difficult developmental time for me. You getting my eyes was one of my biggest concerns. I just don't want you to have to go through what I did. I'm your momma so I want to protect you from everything that I can! I know times have changed. I know that there is a great chance that by the time you are in grade school that glasses will have progressed and eventually you can wear contacts or maybe even have corrected surgery. Here's what your momma looked like at your age and some years later!




To be totally honest, I think you will look absolutely adorable in glasses! Most importantly you will see better and that's all that matters! Your health and your happiness! Now we'll have to get you to actually wear them!

To the moon baby girl,
Momma













No comments:

Post a Comment