Wednesday, March 6, 2013

2 Weeks

To my sweet child Reme Lynn,

What a wonderful week this has been getting to know you, for us getting to know each other. We had a ton of visitors the first week of your life and we certainly appreciate and love them all but this week it has been just us and it has been so nice being a family of three! This is your daddy's last week off so we wanted to take advantage of this time while we had it. Time is so very precious now, more so than it ever has been. Each day you change just a little and we don't want to miss a thing!

I am madly in love with your sweet smell and I can't stop kissing all of your little crevices.I have some favorites too!
When you wake from a nap and stretch while I hold you, I love to kiss the your neck!


I can't seem to get enough of that sweet little tummy!

Your skin is so soft and so sweet! I study every fold!

I love those beautiful eyes! They are filled with wonderment and love!

Don't even get me started on those feet! Each toe is more delicious than the next!

I am mesmerized my your precious little face! I love the funny little faces that you make!

I think my most favorite part of your body is your birthmark! I can't explain it but I loved your birthmark from the second I saw it! Your daddy has one just like it by the way! (Maybe that's why!)

We are starting to get into our groove a bit and as predicted you are a night person! My little party girl is what I like to call you! Thank goodness your daddy takes the party shift! I feed you and daddy stays up with you while I nap!You're starting to sleep a good two to three hours at a time though. It usually depends on the night, how your day went and what I've had to eat! So far I know that onions, raw tomatoes and spicy food does not agree with you. We're learning! 

You're sensitive that's for sure and we getting used to your different cries. When we change your diaper or you're just sort of unhappy, you make the cutest cry. You go, "A-nah, A-nah, A-nah!" When you're hungry, you really belt one out and when you're really upset, like if something hurts you or you're overly tired or we're putting you in your car seat...whoa buddy...cover your ears! That one hurts my heart! I so do not like to hear you so upset.On the flip side of that you make the most adorable chirping noise when you're sleeping.

You certainly entertain us with your poops! You grunt and grown and they are loud! it's hilarious! It also never fails that once we get that diaper off you poop some more! Your daddy and I laugh and laugh! 

We gave you your fourth bath tonight and you didn't make a peep! You really seemed to enjoy it! I think it just took us this long to get the system down. Warmth is the key! 

It's been too cold to go outside for walks like I'd like to but this weekend is supposed to be better! I'm ready to get out of the house a little and get some fresh air!

You are finally gaining weight! You have gained 3 ounces since we left the hospital and if our home scale is right 4 more since Monday! This makes me very happy! You are eating like a champ! You are a very hungry girl! I'm so proud of you! If I move the wrong way you make this grunting noise, like to you're saying, "Hey lady, I'm eating here!" and then sometimes you make humming sounds. So sweet! I'm so very pleased that breast feeding is working so well for the both of us. I'll be pumping soon so daddy can feed you too! Just want to make sure we've establish a good routine first. 

You are amazing! You are perfect! You are so very loved! You are our daughter! 

Love you so much,
Mommy


2 comments:

  1. Al I can say is LOVE. In every aspect. In every way. My heart is exploding with happiness for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on your blog, and I'm just so in love. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete