Wednesday, March 13, 2013

3 Weeks

Hey baby girl,
21 days of pure bliss! Okay, so not everyday has been pure bliss but most of them. You are doing so well! You have gained 10 ounces over the past week and you are officially 3oz over your birth weight! This makes all of us very happy! Dr. Ros thinks you look great! She did have to remove your umbilical cord. It was just hanging on by a thread. You took it like a champ! You took that better than you did getting into your car seat! Whoa buddy you sure do throw a fit when we put you in it! However, today you were much better so maybe you're just getting used to it! I hope you do because we plan to do a lot of traveling and you'll be in there quite a bit!
The three of us made our first outing this week! We went to the Opry Mills Mall and had dinner at Macaroni Grill. You did great. (of course after we put you in the car seat). You slept the whole time! Not even made a peep!


We needed to get you a few outfits that actually fit you! You have a TON of clothes but not a lot for your tiny body at the moment but you're getting bigger!


We also went on a nice walk at the park on Saturday. It's still a bit chilly outside but we had one very nice day. I am SO ready for some nicer weather so we can get you outside and into some vitamin D!

I'm so glad that you like your room! You seem to be very happy in there. It's a great room and we are so pleased with the way it turned out.

Your Auntie Brooke (Brooke Kelly Photography) took these great pictures!







 







You sleep well at night about every other night. I think most of the time it has everything to do with your tummy and what I ate that day. It's exhausting but well worth it.

People tell you all the time about how becoming a parent will change your life and how time will go by so fast but there is nothing in this world that can prepare you for it. I never thought I would/could feel this way. I'm so full of emotion, it's truly overwhelming, it's impossible to put into words. As for time flying well forget about it! It seems like just yesterday they put you in my arms and now you have already changed so much.

You have a strong spirit. You are already holding your head so well. You love to lay on your mat and stare at our eyes, or at your butterfly or just off into space. I can tell that you're already able to focus on some things also. You even reached for a toy today! Well you sort of punched it! One of my favorite things is the noises you make when you eat! They are adorable! I have them videotaped and will try to get them uploaded soon!

I love you sweetheart,
Mommy



3 comments:

  1. I love the shades in her room!!!! It's my favorite touch.

    I had no idea you were keeping up the blog so I've got some reading to do.

    Love you three!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOVVEEE the shot of you nursing. What a special bond :) And I love hearing the reports of her growing, but I can't believe how time is flying. I felt like you were just in the hospital yesterday. Oy, I need to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spy 'Walter the Farting Dog'...our favorite series! I think my favorite is the one on the cruise where he gets into the stinky cheese. But our little plush version doesn't 'fart' anymore. :( You've got great book taste!

    ReplyDelete