Thursday, October 2, 2014

Week 32 Year 1

Oh my sweet girl,

This was a little bit of a scary week for us/me. It started off great! We went to see Ian in his high school marching band on Friday and we had a blast! You were so good and had a great time people watching and seemed to enjoy the game and band a lot!




Then on Saturday, you spent the day with daddy while I had to go do an "acting" gig. I was in a fashion show! Ooo la la! No, it was really no big deal but I had fun. It was actually hard work this time. The two of you had a ball together! You went to the pet store and to the grocery store and did a lot of playing at home!




Then since the show ran long, instead of coming home to get you to go to a baby shower, I had to go straight there. While I was there, you started to spike a fever and were burning up by the time I got home! Yikes! We called the doctor and they weren't super concerned and told us to give you some medicine and keep an eye out for rashes and to go to the doctor/hospital if you threw up at all. Luckily you did not!Although you did have trouble sleeping and woke up at 4am once again burning up! I sure do hate those fevers!


You ended up sleeping in until 10am on Sunday. SO not like you but you didn't sleep well at night I'm glad you got some rest! We just chilled out  most of the day but you seemed to be feeling better so I decided to take you shopping. Our first stop was Target and about 30 minutes into it your fever spiked and you broke out into a flat pink/red rash all over your body! We rushed home! Called the doctor and once again, they weren't too concerned and said to call them tomorrow if you weren't better. They said you just probably had a fever virus and now that the rash came, your fever would probably break! However, all that night you coughed and coughed all night and I decided to take you to see the doctor. And guess what?!? You indeed had some type of fever virus but now ANOTHER ear infection!



 Yep! Time to go see the ENT! That's an ears, nose and throat doctor. They evaluated your medical past, 5 ear infections since you were born and 4 of them since April! It's time for tubes in your ears. I'm pretty nervous about it but it is a very common procedure and I'm sure it will go well! I really like our doctor a lot. His name is Dr. Morgan. He was very kind, thorough and confident. He said he has done thousands of these procedures! We need to check with your heart doctor first but she clears you for surgery then we'll do that on October 27th!

Finally you were back to your sweet self on Wednesday and went back to school. It was the sweetest thing! Your teacher Ms. Vanessa jumped up and down when she saw you come through the door and one of your friends ran over to you and grabbed your hand to take you to play! So good to see that happen! Your school is pretty amazing! Just look what you did today:

  

 They keep you busy and you come home very tired! 

I am so glad that you're feeling better my love! The tubes will really help that too! You'll hear better as well!

Love, love, love,
Mommy


1 comment:

  1. Poor girl!!! I know the tubes must sound very scary, but like the DR said, at least it is very common. I pray it will bring relief to RL (and you all!).
    Thinking of you all the way on the west coast! XO
    P.S. I may have watched the "oh no" video just a few times ;)

    ReplyDelete