Thursday, October 23, 2014

Week 35 Year 1

Hey bebe,

I like to call you bebe! You often say "momma?" and I reply "yes bebe!" That's our little conversation. I am really enjoying the start of actual conversations with you. Of course right now I do most of the talking but I know you are with me!

We did more fun fall things this past weekend! Starting with the zoo on a whim! We met up with my old friend Emily and her two children, Peyton & Andrew at the Donelson Fall Fest but there wasn't anything for little ones to do so we headed to the zoo. Hey, that rhymed! It was neat! We're going back again this weekend! This time we'll dress up! The kids were so cute with you! The three of you walked hand and hand most of the night!


Saturday we spent the majority of the day at Street Theatre's yard sale then we did a lot of house cleaning! Big excitement...BUT we made up for it on Sunday!

We went to the Music & Molasses Festival just around the corner from us! We didn't even know that place existed! It was held at the Tennessee Agriculture Center! They had lots of things for little ones to do! You met an owl, pretended to be a farmer, rode a pony, petted a horse and walked through a hay maze!









The plan was to go early so we could get you home in time for a good nap but like Saturday you weren't having it! No nap for you and I tried everything! I even let you have some "quiet time" (aka cry it out time) for about 15 minutes. So after a good valiant effort for about an hour and half we decided to go to a dog festival thing at Centennial Park. Clearly not a well thought out plan! Both. you and the dog were in the worst mood. The dog was going crazy over the squirrels and was losing her mind and you were losing your mind with exhaustion! You didn't want to walk holding my hand and you didn't want me to hold you and you proceeded to throw one huge fit after the other. It got to be a little funny really. You would throw your pacifier on the ground and then throw yourself on the ground and you do this "spit" thing. It's like you can't get tears to come out of your eyes so you decided to let a bunch of saliva come out of your mouth. It's hard to explain but it's pretty funny. After quite the fight to get you to leave the park and get into your car seat, you finally passed out! I sat in the driveway with you and made the grocery list so you could get some rest.


Honestly I don't think you were feeling all that great. You won't let us wipe you after your diaper change. It seemed like you were hurting. So we went to the doctor (again) on Tuesday and it turns out that all of those antibiotics have given you a yeast infection. I'm sorry my love! How terrible for you! It such discomfort and not able to explain to anyone whats going on! We got you some medicine and hopefully that clears up quickly! (You're probably going to kill me one day for writing about this but I think it's important to document it all!)

After the doctor we went and had some fun at the park! Just you and I!


Such a big girl! Going down the slide all by yourself!

Speaking of all by yourself, we spent the better part of an hour today after your bath time putting on your shoes! You were very adamant about putting them on all by yourself and you did it! Not without a significant amount of frustration but with a little encouragement you kept going until you got them on! You were so proud and so was I!! Since I'm on a roll of embarrassing you, here are some pictures of this event!

They're on the wrong feet but I wasn't about to tell you! We'll approach the right and left foot thing later!

You're a nut and I love it,
Mommy


P.S. We have your ear tube surgery on Monday, so if our friends and family that read this blog would say a few prayers for us that would be great! God is Good!

1 comment:

  1. Hey R-L,
    What an up and down week for you! Your friends across the pond will be thinking of you (and your anxious momma and dad on Monday). Get better soon
    J, P and James xx

    ReplyDelete