Wednesday, June 26, 2013

18 Weeks

Hello Sweet Girl,

You had your four month check up this week and I'm happy to report that you're doing well! You now weigh 14lbs 4.8 ounces and you are 24 inches tall! Your head is still a little small but the doctor is not worried about a thing. She couldn't even hear your heart murmur and that is wonderful news! You have a few spots of eczema on your leg, back and chest but we'll be able to get rid of that in no time. It's most likely the cause of your body wash or the sunscreen that I wasn't supposed to put on you but did because I'd rather do that than you get sunburned BUT I'm not going to do either in the future until you are six months old. Thank goodness that happens just in time for our beach trip to OBX. I've done a lot of research the past few days on baby skin care and body products and have been quite shocked by what I have found. It's just plain scary what manufacturers are putting into their products! I'll be more careful in the future! I wish I had looked into some things sooner but there's not much I can do now!

Since Thursday was your "birthday" we decided to head to Babies R Us and expand your every growing living room toy inventory and get you a "jumper chair"! You're not too sure what to think about it just yet. You like it but in small doses at the time! Your momma sure does love that place!! It's so fun!



We had a delightful weekend! We went to Alli's baby "sprinkle" on Saturday at Arrington Vineyards. It was the most lovely day! You slept in your stroller for the first hour or so while I was able to chat with the girls and have lunch and you woke up just in the nick of time to watch her open presents. We sat on a bench swing in the warm breeze just enjoying the laughter, oo's and aah's and the scenery. I could have sat there with you all day!




Sunday we went to Auntie CC's again to play by the pool! Again it was just a gorgeous day! Very relaxing. We just hung out and chatted and chilled, those are some of my favorite times!



We also started a Kindermusik class! It is so much fun! I wasn't too sure how you would react to it but you seemed to love it! I had just picked you up from school and had to wake you up from your nap and it was time for you to eat so I thought for sure you'd be grumpy but instead you were in awe of the other children! I could tell that you so wanted to stand up and run and play! In due time my love, you'll get there. You are by far the youngest in the class! I'm really excited about this class. It's just a fun way for us to spend some time together and Mollie-Jaime and our friends Mindy & Ellie Mae are taking the class too! We were too busy to take any pictures!

I'm just in total amazement on how quickly you have grown! Each day you seem like a different child. I hope you're enjoying yourself and feel loved because baby cakes your are so very loved! Loved to the Super Moon and beyond!



Big giant hugs & kisses,
Mama

2 comments:

  1. She's definitely growing like a weed! Best garden you ever planted ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited she and I got some good time together on Sunday...I think she is warming up to me :o)

    And the music class sounds fun too!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete