Wednesday, September 11, 2013

29 Weeks

Oh my sweet,

I feel like it has been forever since I've written you a letter! There is so much to tell you about! First of all, the virus you had was Rosella. It is just once of those nasty viruses that causes a high fever with a quick on set followed by a rash! You broke out in a rash on Friday but really it wasn't that bad at all. It was the high fever that was the worst of it! Your daddy stayed home with you on Wednesday afternoon, all day on Thursday & Friday night! It was the longest stretch time that you guys have ever spent together as just the two of you. I was really sad that I couldn't be with you but in a way glad that you guys got that time to bond. I came home on Thursday to find the two of you playing with the dog and you were just giggling away! You like to play hide and seek with Stella! Your face just lights up and you think it's hilarious!

Daddy Cam

We had lots of adventures this weekend! We went to the Italian Lights Fair, the Tennessee State Fair and Shakespeare in the park and we finished your six month photo shoot! See Them Here

You were so good the whole weekend! You had a blast! At the Italian Lights Fair, we listened to our good friend JJ's swing band The Gin Mill Six! You sat on the table and patted your legs almost to the beat! We walked around and did some shopping and everyone kept commenting on what a cute baby you are! Everyone just loves those cheeks!!

You were exhausted from the morning and your photo shoot and slept the first hour we were at the State Fair. Finally just as the sun was going down, you were waking up! You LOVED it! I mean you were just in awe! All of the lights, sounds and smells. We walked around with our friends, the Kellys & the Grays while the kids rode ride after ride. Then we went to explore some of the farm animals and a goat decided to try to eat your stroller! The look on your face was priceless. I think you may have thought it was a dog because you thought it was pretty funny! You tried some of your daddy's grape snow cone and we rode the carousel. It was much faster than the one at the zoo but you didn't seem to mind at all! I remember going last year when you were still in my belly and watching all of the kids run around with so much excitement and I couldn't wait to be able to bring you there. It's going to be an annual tradition for sure! It's so much fun!









It's really hard to put into words. Each day, each night, each morning, every adventure & every trip just amazes me. You amaze me. It's amazing (and I can't really think of any other word to use to describe it) how you are just a little sponge taking it all in, how it seems like I can see the synapses firing in your brain as  your learning new things, how you move your body, your hands, your feet, how the sound of your voice and giggle can fill a room with light and joy, how (and I swear this is true) you seem to grow a little bit taller and a little bit bigger every morning I get you out of bed. All of it. It's simply amazing! 

Tonight was Mommy/Daughter night and we sat on the floor and played with blocks and bowls. I'd set the blocks up and you'd look at them, cock your head and knock them all down. This was big fun! We did it over and over. Then you would pick a block up and study it carefully, each side, each angle and then give a good toss! As you were eating dinner you'd grab the spoon and feed yourself, take the spoon out of your mouth, examine it closely and hand it back to me. You splashed in the tub and one by one took your toys out of the water, gave them a good look and slammed them in the water making a big splash. This seemed so puzzling to you. You'd do it over and over as to try to figure out how the water was hitting your face from the action you were doing. Amazing.

Helping Mommy Wash Green Beans

We've, well I have really, hit several road blocks in the baby food making department. See all of those green beans? Well I tried to steam them and some how scorched the water and they all tasted burned! Down the drain it went. Made some peaches, they were way to watery. Down the drain. Carrots tasted metallic for some reason. Down the drain. I used some Mrs. Dash all spice in some different green beans and it was way too garlicky. Down the drain! Our frozen peas had salt in them!?! What?!? Bye bye! Aww! I broke down and bought some bag of food for our trip we have coming up but your daddy was very encouraging and I'm not going to give up! I have since then been very successful with a couple recipes! It's just trial and error I suppose.

Speaking of success, you've gone from waking every two hours to every four! We're going in the right direction! I'm hoping that once you're feeling 100% and have thoroughly gotten used to sleeping in your room we'll be good to go! Come on baby! We've got this!

You are so beautiful to me! Thank you for all of the light you bring to my life! 


I love you bunches and bunches,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I just love reading your posts!!! Thank you for sharing them with us. I too am constantly astonished and amazed by these little people...the rate that they learn, change, and discover is both surprising and inspiring. Its such a blessing just be in their presence! I'm looking forward to my Saturday snuggles with Miss sweet cheeks! Love you!

    ReplyDelete