Wednesday, September 25, 2013

31 Weeks

Hey baby cakes,

So I know this seems weird but I swear you literally grow overnight! I mean it! This morning when I woke you up you were a little bit taller, a little bit heavier and a little more mature!

We have had a week full of ups and downs but like I said, life is like a roller coaster sweetheart! We said goodbye to your Papaw! It was a quick but very nice visit.
Oh how I love that lip! You were sad to see him go!

We got to meet sweet baby Sasha Kinsall on Friday! She is so precious and tiny! It's hard to remember you that little but I know you were!

Then we went to have some dinner with Candace, Lee, Harrison & Nicole! You slept most of the time and then woke up as "super serious baby", I was hoping you were going to be more hungry than you were so we could try tortillas again!

What a special morning we had on Saturday, not that we don't love your daddy being around but he had to go to work and it was just us! We played and snuggled and had breakfast in our PJs. I caught myself several times just taking in the moment. Your noises and reactions, they are hilarious!  Then we got a call to join Brooke, Averie & Nicole for some "coffee". You had a ball playing with Brooke and Averie! That was followed by a trip to Target for some new fall outfits! It's getting cooler outside!



We were supposed to go to the Corams and watch some football but you hadn't taken a nap all day at that point and I wanted you to get some rest for your play date with Aunt Cole that night! You were having none of that, you were in a great mood but you were not going to nap. So you helped me make a ton of baby food, played, talked and cooed right until the time Cole got there. Melt down! I could tell you were exhausted. I also felt like you knew we were going out for the night and that did not make you happy! It was so hard for me to leave when you were so upset which probably made you more upset. I think that (and your daddy gets to say "I told you so") I was projecting my stress on to you. I was stressed that you hadn't taken a nap, I was running a little behind with making the food and getting everything ready for the night, not to mention getting ready to go out, so I was flustered. (Hindsight is 20/20-we can talk more about that later) I was so hoping that you'd be in a good mood for the first time that Nicole was going to babysit you too and it backfired on us/me. I'm sorry baby. I'll try to be better about that. I acknowledge that I get flustered (somewhat) easily. I run late (a lot) and I have a tendency to be a bit of a perfectionist. I will try my hardest to let all of that go, manage my time better and just let you be how you want to be! That will be better for all of us! You are so intuitive and I need to be more mindful of that. Even as a newborn I could tell you were sensitive to the environment around you! Nicole did an amazing job with you and we love her bunches!

Sunday was perfection! You got some good one on one time with daddy in the morning and then the three of us went to see the new kangaroo exhibit at the zoo! It was incredible! You get to see these fascinating creatures so close! We even got to pet one and they are so soft, almost like a bunny! I was expecting them to have coarser hair. 



You also rode your favorite carousel animal the gazelle. (Well we don't really know if that's your favorite but it's the one we always seem to end up with!)

You have now tried two new food items, butternut squash and barley! You love them both but I think the squash may be giving you some diaper rash. It seems to flare up after you have eaten pears, apples and now the squash. Trial and error I suppose. You're cutting a tooth too! It's on the bottom right side of your mouth! I think that can explain some of your sleeping issues too!

Oh how I love you so my child! 
Forever and ever,
Mommy



1 comment:

  1. Sweet, sweet girl! What a busy week you guys had! So happy I got in some good snuggle time and even more happy that you ended the week on a fabulous note at the zoo. Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete