Wednesday, January 15, 2014

47 Weeks


You said your first official word! Cat! Actually it was kitty cat. The first time you said it I passed it off as a fluke. We were at dinner with Mark, Holly, Jon Jon, Alan & Daddy at the Italian place on the resort called Capers. We were waiting for dinner to arrive while you & I were playing the Guess the Animal game on my phone. You would make a noise when your favs would go by dog, cow, chick, frog then came the cat and plain as day you said "kitty cat"! Uncle Mark looked up with such surprise in his eye, she said kitty cat!!! Maybe I thought! Then at the airport we were shopping for souvenirs and you got all excited, "kitty cat, cat, kitty cat"! I looked and on a rack there were a bunch of stuffed animals but I didn't see a cat. Fish, dolphin, mermaid? Nope, kitty cat! And there it was!! A tiny little stuffed black & white cat!! I ran to find your dad! Brought him to the rack, what's this RĂ©me Lynn?? Cat! Kitty cat! 

We had an amazing time in Mexico! You travel so well!! The resort was very nice and our room was lovely! They had a crib for you and everything! 

You only actually slept in it once but you played in it a lot! 

It was rainy the first two days but we made the best of it! You loved spending time getting to know your cousins! 




Your new favorite food is a cheese quesadilla and pancakes! Not together but those were the two things you enjoyed the most! Each morning we'd head to the Carnival restaurant and eat on the patio! It was gorgeous!! And delicious!! 





The wedding was gorgeous! You weren't your normal party girl self that night and passed out in my arms just as they cut the cake! We did the Cuban Shuffle and the headed back to our room a little early but we had a delightful time! So happy for Dru & Jaime! We wish them all the happiness in the world! 



I was so glad that we were able to spend so much time with Uncle Mark & Aunt Holly too!! We had many meals with them and they loved snuggling with you!! 


Some of my favorite moments were our naps on the beach!! So peaceful! I could do that every day!! 


Our last day there it was just me, you & daddy and we had such a great time! We ate, napped, played by the pool and beach! Just perfection!!




We took an elevator selfie every day! You loved that mirror!!



It's really hard for me to imagine that you are almost 11 months old!! You grow so much each day! You have all kinds of new sounds, moves and moods! You are a pure joy my child! 

I love you so much,
Mommy























2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous trip! So glad you had time to rejuvenate as a family. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the pictures and the stories! Looked like a fabulous vacation and Reme is growing so big! Can't believe it's almost time for her 1st birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete