Monday, April 29, 2013

9 Weeks (For Real)

Dear Reme Lynn,

You had your 2nd month check up with Dr. Ros this week. You now weigh 11 pounds and 11.2 ounces and are 22 inches tall! Check out those cheeks! So cute!


You had to get 2 shots but you handled it like a trooper! I was so proud of you! You're so very brave already! You're doing great kiddo! Keep it up!

We are still dealing with the "witching hour" but they are getting shorter and less "witchy"!

One of our friends in our mommy group mentioned a book called "The Wonder Weeks" when I was telling her about your "witchy-ness" and it is really quite interesting. It's a theory that babies go through mental milestones which causes them to have "cloudy" weeks. For example this week you are learning the "world of patterns", you won't experience the world as a bowl of soup anymore where things are blended together. You will start to notice regular patterns, for example your hands and your voice as well as actual patterns and textures. So far the "cloudy" weeks really coincide with your "witchy" weeks so I thought I'd follow along with their theories and see how it goes. This helps mommy a lot because it gives me games I can play with you to help you through these developments. According to this book you will continue to have "cloudy" weeks aka mental developments for at least 77 weeks but they will vary greatly. It really does make sense if you think about it. Anyone would be fussy if the world they knew changed so suddenly. Plus there's an app and you know I love that!

I feel like I can actually see the wheels turning in your head though. You are starting to "chat" a lot and you are desperately trying to find your thumb! It's the sweetest thing! You'll find it baby girl, hang in there!


This week's love handle winner is your inner thigh! Oh my goodness how I love this little roll of sweetness!

Love, love, love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I've always been fascinated thinking about how much babies learn, process, and master in such a short amount of time. It really is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete