Wednesday, May 1, 2013

10 Weeks

Reme Lynn,

We went on our first road trip this week to Texas! You did a great job! The normally 10 and 1/2 hour drive turned into a 13 hour drive and that's just too long to be on the road, in a car and in that car seat that you love so much! I gotta tell ya kiddo, I was impressed! You hung in there like a champ!

You either sat quietly or slept most of the way until you had decided that you had had enough and cried for about the last hour. We all wanted to cry at that point though. It was a long day and a bit of a beating!

Your Granddaddy could not wait to get you out of that car! This was the first time he got to see you and was so thrilled! I was really surprised that you were so calm with him! He had a tradition with the grand kids of taking them to the toy store and is looking forward to you being older to enjoy it!

 

Your aunt Katrina is about to give birth to another cousin for you! Baby Gavin! You'll have 3 boy cousins that will be your greatest protectors! You loved meeting PeeWee, he's your oldest cousin!



We spent the next day visiting with your great grandparents. First we went to see Mimi Joyce. She's your Granddad's mom. She has all of your pictures from your birth all over her living room! She thinks you are the most beautiful baby she's ever seen. (I agree with her!)

Then we went to visit with your Great Granddad Bill. He's your Granddad's dad. You were not in a very good mood at this point. I'm pretty sure you were sick of being in the car and I don't blame you!


We relaxed the rest of the evening at home and you got to meet your Uncle Mykell, Aunt Shanan, Cousin Meredith and Cousin Lyric. You were so enamored with Lyric! You would look and look for him at the sound of his voice. It seemed to calm you! That was very cool!


Saturday was the day of the big party and boy oh boy was it a big party! It was for Katrina's baby shower and her 30th birthday and your Granddad's 62nd birthday. There were a ton of people there! I mean at least 80 or so throughout the day! It was a little overwhelming for you my love. Again, I don't blame you. You met...well...everyone!

Your new cousin Hannah. She's your third cousin that lives in Denver, CO. She is so sweet! She really liked you too. She wanted to give  you lots of love taps and couldn't take her eyes off of you!


Your Great Aunt Deen Deen, (third) cousin Allen & (second) cousin Shelly & (second) cousin Kim!



After another long and exhausting day, it was time to head home! We made plans to stop and see your Great Aundaw and Papaw in Mt. Pleasant. It was a quick visit but I'm so glad they were able to see you!

 
Phew!! What a ride! I just can't even imagine what must be going through your head! I felt terrible for putting you through all of that at such a young age. It was just a little too much to handle. I wish I had waited for you to be older. Our next trip is coming up at the end of this month. I think we'll break up the trip and stop somewhere in the middle to spend the night. We'll see. You did better than I cold have ever imagined! We're some very lucky parents that's for sure!
 
 
I love you baby cakes!
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on breaking the travel seal. She is going be a great travel companion and you guys will figure out all the tricks ;)

    ReplyDelete