Wednesday, May 8, 2013

11 Weeks

My precious Reme Lynn,

What a very special week this has been. It was the last week of my maternity leave. Time to go back to work, back to reality. What a wonderful, precious dream these past 11 weeks have been for me/us. It's funny because about week five I was feeling all unproductive and stir crazy and this week I just didn't care. All I wanted to do was stay home, stay in our pajamas, cuddle and watch Sesame Street all day long and for the most part that is exactly what we did! (We didn't watch Sesame Street all day, just in the morning!) I threw productivity to the wind and decided that I was going to soak up every since second of you. We spent many hours cuddling, playing, dancing, and "chatting"! It was pure heaven!
Monday
 Tuesday
Wednesday
 Thursday
 Friday
 Saturday
 Sunday

Wednesday night we decided to do a caregiver trial run and let your Auntie Brooke babysit for the night while your daddy & I went to see Steel Panther. I was a little worried that you might be fussy but you were very good! She is after all a baby whisperer for a living, you know? She's so good to us! We so love her and her family.You got lots of love from Ian and Averie sang to you but apparently you hate the song "Baby Mine"!

Brooke sent me this text with this picture! "What is this "Witching Hour" that you speak of?"
Your G-Papa (Gerald) MADE you a highchair and it arrived on Friday! Yes that's right he MADE it!!! It's gorgeous! It will be a prized possession in our family for a long time!



Sunday was a very special day. Even before you were born the girls decided to have brunch for a little Pre- Mother's day celebration. Auntie Candace with Harrison, Auntie Brooke with Averie (Ian was with his dad) and us went to Mad Donna's. It was so nice to spend some time with them. As you know they are two of my most favorite people in the world! They know us, love us and will always be there for us as we will be for them!

Brooke made us a beautiful photo book of the day I became a mommy! She made one for Candace too. It's the first Mother's Day for the both of us! After brunch and once you and I got in the car, I sat there looking through the photos reminiscing about that incredible day with tears of joy filling my eyes!  

Then came the dreaded D-day! Daycare day! I woke up extra early and tried not to think too much about how much I was going to miss you! I got myself ready and then got you up. You were so sweet that morning. Just smiling and cooing like you often do. It was a lovely morning. You nursed and we cuddled and about after an hour, it was time to go. You've gone back to "I REALLY hate my car seat" behavior lately and this morning was no exception. You did not want to get in there but your daddy was there to help me and that always makes things a little easier. I want you to know that he even offered to work a second shift so we could be able to spend some more time together at home but it's time for me to go back to work. Work is a good thing. We're both very blessed to have our jobs and we take pride in the work we do. So off we went. Your daddy even came with us! He's the greatest daddy in the world by the way! By the time we got there you were fast asleep. Ms. Johnson was so excited to see you! She gave me many hugs and assured me that you would be fine and my heart felt at ease. She's a very sweet lady. She certainly has her hands full! There are lots of little children there and in no time you'll be running around playing with all of them. I kissed your sweet face goodbye and walked outside with your daddy and he gave me a giant hug. "She's going to be perfectly fine", he said. "Yes she is", I thought. "She's going to be great!". For now I've decided to come back on my lunch breaks to feed you. You're still having some trouble taking a bottle and I hope we're able to find the magic touch/nipple soon. So far we've gone through about three different ones but we have a few other options before I go back to the store. The day flew by and before I knew it, it was time to come get you. We made it baby! It's all downhill from here....EXCEPT the next day, you were not sleeping when I had to drop you off. You were screaming! Oh how that hurt my heart. I didn't know what to do! Poor Ms. Johnson didn't know what to do either. Here she has a screaming baby and a bawling mommy! I tried to feed you, still crying. Rock you, still crying. Pacifier...please, cry-cry-cry. So I threw you over my shoulder and "tada" silence! Your favorite spot. Once I got you good and calm, I handed you over to Ms. J and you were remained happy. She helped you wave to me "bye bye" and I headed to the office. I wanted to throw up. I couldn't stop thinking about you. I was counting the seconds until lunch time. When I finally got there, you were just has happy as a clam. Sitting in your rocker, Ms. J by your side and you were just cooing and smiling. "All better now!" A sigh of relief! Ms. J said that you took a nice long nap and even ate a little bit. So all in all, the first few days have been just fine. Like the first few weeks of your life...we just need to find our groove! We'll get this figured out in no time. We'll find our routine, our sweet spot!

Speaking of sweet spots...MMMM! I just love the back of your neck!
 

You are my breath, you are my heart, you are my everything!

I love you baby girl,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear daycare is off to a good start! You guys will have your groove in no time :)
    And that high-chair is truly a priceless possession! How sweet!
    Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made it through the first week Mommy!!! I know it is so, so, so, so hard--but you are going to be fine and so is RL. I love you two so very, very much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete