Wednesday, July 17, 2013

21 Weeks

Dear Country Traveler,

You have now either stayed in, enjoyed or driven through 8 states! That's a lot for a kiddo only 21 weeks old! You are a great traveler too. We know now that your threshold is about six hours in the car. You sleep well in hotel rooms and you take your nap whenever and wherever you're ready. I really do love that!

I had to work late on Wednesday so your daddy picked you up from the day care for the first time.I was a little worried that you'd be confused because I normally pick you up but you guys had a grand ole' time! It's amazing how much the two of you look a like!


We drove through the night and made it all the way past Indianapolis on Thursday night so we could spend most of the day Friday in the Chicago with your Gmomma and Gpoppa (Gerald). You slept the entire way! I think you were still tired from our Atlanta trip! You woke up bright and early the next day ready for the road! You were in such a great mood! You've gotten so good about being in your car seat! (Thank you for that!) You play with your toys and nap most of the time while we're driving. You often sing and hum and look at yourself in the mirror too!


You had your first trip on a train! You loved it! You jumped around in my lap and screeched and talked and smiled and laughed! It was hilarious! 


We're in Chicago!!
 

Our first stop was the Taste of Chicago! Yum, yum! You decided this would be a time that you took your nap and we walked around the park for quite a while and enjoyed some delicious food. Then we visited Millennium Park and saw the famous "bean". I couldn't wait to take my bean to see the bean! To be honest you weren't that impressed but it was fun!

You were knocked out pretty much the rest of the night. We explored "the taste" some more, listened to a little Robert Plant and then had dinner at one of the famous pizzerias, Giordano's. It was tasty!

The next day we you experienced another new first, a boat ride! We took a boat tour of the city via river and lake. It was really neat! What a great way to see the city. Once again you loved this mode of transportation. You were very intrigued by the water! I just love how observant you are about things!




 Later that night you stayed at the hotel with Gmomma while your daddy, Gpoppa and I went to see the Cubs & Cardinals baseball game. I'm so glad that you got some alone time with your Gmomma. She loved it! You were a very good girl and you gals had a ton of fun. She loved you so much. She calls you her "little dove" and says in her sweet voice, "she's the best one, yes she is".




We got up early that next morning, had some breakfast and began our journey home. Like I said earlier, about six hours in you had had enough. Good thing we only had about 2 more hours to
 go! All in all it was another successful, wonderful and fun adventure! 

You're still enjoying your Kindermusic class! This week was the first week you were extremely vocal in class. You were having a ball watching the other kids play and you stood up and tapped your feet (with my assistance of course) and sang and sang and sang! I'm so glad you're loving it baby! We'll do another one for sure! 

We also took another stab at grocery shopping together. This time you were happy to be in your Bjorn and learn about all of the different types of groceries!You felt and smelled many types of fruits and vegetables and we watched lobsters in the tank for awhile too. We felt the cold freezer items and the soft breads. I am so happy to show you these things. It was a good time! 



You are such a little sponge! I'm going to show you the world my love and teach you about all that's in it! Let's keep exploring!!

I love you,
Mommy

 

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful trip!! I can't wait to get some time in with you girls soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip!!! And I LOVE the pics of you and her at the Bean...you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete