Wednesday, July 31, 2013

23 Weeks

Reme Lynn,

You have not slept through the night this entire week. You either get up around midnight, 3am, 4am or 6am and sometimes a combination of them all! Teething maybe? Hungry? Maybe both! Either way, we're getting through it just fine. I've gotten a lot of advice that starting you on solid foods might help you sleep, so I let you munch on a banana and you seemed to love it! It's become our afternoon snack this week! It's really fun to watch you eat it and explore the texture.You're my sweet little monkey! I've got a feeling that you don't like to get your hands dirty because you get a little upset when I try to get you to hold it. You would rather that I hold it! We also tried a frozen teething ring and you like to chew on it but not hold it! So something about either the cold or the texture bums you out.

We had a fun filled busy weekend! You had your first official play date with a little girl that was born two days after you, Hazel. Her mom Lindsey and I are friends through the theater. We went to the zoo for their "ice" day. It was a gorgeous day! We saw the new Galapagos turtles, a Meerkat ice sculpture and road the carousel, you love riding the carousel. You hold on to the pole and smile through the whole ride!



 Oh the cuteness!

Then we went to Street Theatre to see our friend Gabriella be in her first play! She did a great job and so did you! You are after your mother's heart with your patience to sit in a theater and watch the stage! I hope that trend lasts! After that we were off to the lake the celebrate our friend JJ Street's birthday! It was very fun. I took you down to the little beach to put your toes in the sand and you did not know what to think of that! Just wait till we get to the beach! THEN (yes there's more) Aunt Cole came over to make dinner. We first went to Goodwill to hunt some treasures and then we went to our favorite grocery store, Publix! You let Aunt Cole carry you the entire time!! I was so impressed! You really love Nicole! She can get you smiling and having a good time! So warms my heart! We came home, made dinner and you sat in your high chair for the first time! 


We cleaned out your drawers and closet today and moved all of the clothes that are too little into two piles; one to give away and one to keep. It was more emotional for me than I anticipated. It happened so quickly. I remember when you were just 10 days old and we all went to the mall to get you some pajamas that fit because everything was just a little too big. Now those pjs won't even fit on one leg! Crazy! Crazy good, crazy wonderful, crazy love!

Happy 23 weeks,
Mommy




2 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm so glad I got to hold and snuggle her! I just love her and you!

    I can only imagine how bittersweet it was going through her clothes - I can't believe how much time flies!!!! She's so lucky to have an awesome mom to help her grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, growing baby girl! I need some snuggle time ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete