Wednesday, November 6, 2013

37 Weeks

Hello my Sweet Little Doll,

And when I say doll I mean the cutest, most adorable, squeezable, kissable, hug-able, loveable, little Cabbage Patch Doll!! Which is what you were for Halloween this year...

It was a little yucky outside and the forecast was predicting a terrible rain storm so most of our original plans were cancelled but we decided to go to the mall. You (of course) were a HUGE hit! We could not get two feet without someone stopping us to take pictures of you. Some people even thought you were a real doll! I'm already trying to come up with a good idea for us next year! We had so much fun.

Saturday was El Dia de los Muertos! The Day of the Dead, it is a beautiful Mexican tradition honoring those that have passed away. The day started off beautiful but as we were headed to Cheekwood for a festival, the clouds started to show up. We decided to brave the weather and take a short hike and look at the sculpture trail. 


About five minutes into the walk, it started to sprinkle a little bit but we didn't think much of it and kept walking, well we shouldn't have done that you see because not a few moments later it was a down pour! We ran as fast as we could to some cover! Despite the cold wetness we were all in very good spirits. Maybe it was because the spirits of our loved ones were with us! Not too long after that the clouds broke and the sun began to shine! We walked around the arts and crafts area and we stopped and put a memory note on the ancestor tree. We told Uncle Chuck that we missed him! 

You also experienced your first tortilla at mommy's favorite Mexican restaurant Chuy's!You loved it!

You have not been sleeping through the night for about 3 months now. To be honest it's partly our fault. You'll get up through the night off and on every few hours or so but once the clock strikes 5am, I bring you to bed with us. There we are all happy and sleeping and most mornings you would sleep like that until 9am or 10am if I let you or if we could! So I think you started to get accustomed to that and was part of the reason you would get up was to probably see if it is finally time to go snuggle! As much as I truly enjoy the snuggle time, it's just not a healthy way for us all to sleep. So after much discussion, your daddy and I decided to try a few things. We made your bed cushier. We added some fluffy blankets under the sheet so it's softer, we put you in a nice warm sleep sack and we gave you teething tablets. The first night you only got up once and went right back to sleep and slept until 7am! Then last you you slept ALL THE WAY THROUGH! Oh how we needed that! So maybe you were just uncomfortable?! If you were I'm sorry baby for not fixing that sooner! I hope you can sleep more soundly now for your sake and ours. 

You have now tried asparagus, acorn squash, yellow squash and cottage cheese! The first time we gave you asparagus was hilarious! You love to eat and you were just chowing away when along came that first bite of green deliciousness and it stopped you in your tracks! We have to mix it with something to get you to swallow it now! You love all kinds of squash and you're skeptical about the cottage cheese but tolerate it! 

You also clapped!! I picked you up from school yesterday and they tried to get you to do it for me but you wouldn't then once we got home I tried and tried and tried to no avail. BUT Daddy had the magic touch and sent me a video! You are so very proud of yourself and you should be!

Thank you for being such a joy! Just you and I went shopping on Sunday and you were about as cool as they come! You hung out and played quietly while I tried on about 10 different outfits! Just all smiles and that was followed by grocery shopping which you gracefully hung out, smiled and snacked on puffs! Just as happy as can be! It so warms my heart and I so enjoy our special mommy daughter time!

I love you to the moon and back,
Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Still can't get over her halloween costume. So perfect! And I'm glad sleeping is going better!

    ReplyDelete